Job No: 513700
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Athletics Premium Event Staff
Employee Classification: Student Help Regular
Department: Arena/Fld Hse Facilities
This position will assist in all aspects of special events held in the Aaron Leetch Club or in other athletic facilities as well as help manage the Club and Suite areas during Football games. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the set-up and preparation of equipment for Aaron Leetch Club events: athletic, campus, internal, and external events
- General assistance with Football games
- Assist with event management during special events hosted in any athletic facility
- Report to the Special Events Coordinator for specific instructions per event to ensure the operations of the event run properly
- Serve as event security, carefully guarding prohibited areas, and constantly monitoring crowd activity
- Have knowledge of and enforce the rules that exist at Aaron Leetch Club and Illinois State Athletics
- Assist in the clean-up of the facility of all events, including trash collection/removal and equipment tear down
- Must have great attentiveness to detail and must constantly be aware of their surroundings
- Must be well organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated and have a sense of independence and accountability
- Must be prepared to work both indoors and outdoors
Interested in athletic events and special events
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
In addition, all appointments are contingent upon proof of eligibility for employment at Illinois State University to perform the required duties described above on your scheduled start date. The Immigration and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires all new employees to file an I-9 in person and no later than three days from the beginning of employment. This may be accomplished within the department or through Human Resources. A list of the types of documentation you will be expected to provide is available at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/list-documents/form-i-9-acceptable-documents. Failure to comply with this law will result in cancellation of your appointment.
Illinois State University, as your employer, is required by federal law to ensure proper tax withholding from wages and to ensure that the required reporting of employee wages, withholding, and employment taxes is accurate. For this reason, every employee must have a valid Social Security Number registered with the University at the time of employment and/or as soon after as possible, but no later than 45 days from the start date. Failure to comply with this law may result in cancellation of your appointment.
Illinois State University student employees are restricted to no more than 28 hours per week of on-campus employment for all positions held.
International students are restricted by their visa status to no more than 20 hours per week of on-campus employment when the university is in session, but may work more when the university is not in session. International students should contact the Office of International Studies and Programs for guidance if they have questions concerning employment restrictions.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement